Lowes Cruiser Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lowes Cruiser Talk

Local Car Cruise Location in Abingdon MD.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Cruiser...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DowntimeDesigns

My Cruiser... Empty
PostSubject: My Cruiser...   My Cruiser... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Hey guys,

I first of all want to say that I love the cruise-in and really appreciate what you guys are doing. I showed up for a handful this year, but not nearly as many as I would have liked to. I was out of town many weekends attending other shows up and down the East-coast.

Well, when I went to one of the cruises early in the Spring, I was expecting to have my ride back from the builder within a month or two, but here we are middle of September, and I'm still patiently waiting.

My ride is a 2006 GMC Canyon (Chevy Colorado) Crew-Cab.

Now I know what some people might say, and yes, I agree, it's not a muscle car, it's not a classic or rod, but you better believe that it has just as much work put into it... if not more. I'm not a tuner, I'm not a gangster, I'm a guy who LOVES automobiles. I have respect for everything in the scene whether its a 65 Mustang or a 2008 lifted F-350, if it has wheels, I love it. A mini-truck, just happens to be my favorite flavor.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the last time I saw it...

My Cruiser... IMG_0607
My Cruiser... IMG_0608
My Cruiser... IMG_0609
My Cruiser... IMG_0610
My Cruiser... IMG_0611
My Cruiser... IMG_0612
My Cruiser... IMG_0613
My Cruiser... IMG_0614
My Cruiser... IMG_0615
My Cruiser... IMG_0616
My Cruiser... IMG_0617
My Cruiser... IMG_0618
My Cruiser... IMG_0620
My Cruiser... IMG_0621

Full custom frame from the firewall back. From the firewall forward it has been narrowed 2" on each side. The frame has been extended 12" to accomodate a 6' bed as opposed to the 5' bed that comes on the Crew-Cab models, it is also designed to lay the body of the truck FLAT on the ground without channeling the floor. The whole frame is painted Dark Titanium Metallic off of a Chrysler 300. It was built by John Shepherd of Shepherd Chassis on the eastern shore. I'm running 22" wheels all the way around with a 30 series tire and tuck almost 9" of the rim when the truck is laid out. The bed has some top-secret modifications that will be seen when it comes out, albeit in primer for the moment.

I'm scheduled to pick up the truck on or around October 3rd, so with any luck, I will have a cruise night or two (and the UPS Show in Laurel) before it goes back in the shop for more of that custom magic.

So if anyone sees the truck out and about, at a Cruise night or at a show or anywhere, stop and say whats up, I'll be the guy grinning ear to ear with the "Big M" Drive-In tattoo on my forearm.

- "Downtime" Matt Hodgson
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My Cruiser... Empty
PostSubject: Awesome   My Cruiser... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Man you are doing this thing right. I know first hand you start second guessing you investment. But when its done right , its always worth it. I look forward to seeing it at Lowes!
Back to top Go down
https://lowescruise.forumotion.com
69 SS 396
Top Posting Cruiser
69 SS 396

My Cruiser... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Cruiser...   My Cruiser... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Can't wait to see the finished product!
Back to top Go down
DowntimeDesigns

My Cruiser... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Cruiser...   My Cruiser... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Well I finally got my "cruiser" together for the UPS Show in Laurel, it is already back in the shop getting some things re-worked for 2009. However I present to you the WORLDS ONLY airbagged, bodydropped (channeled), crewcab, longbed, Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon on 22" wheels. The bed and hood are still in primer, but I wanted it in white primer to match the rest of the truck for now...

My Cruiser... DWN_1_S
My Cruiser... DWN_2_S

I'll be out to the Cruise next year, hopefully even with a new look Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

My Cruiser... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Cruiser...   My Cruiser... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:03 pm

DowntimeDesigns wrote:
Well I finally got my "cruiser" together for the UPS Show in Laurel, it is already back in the shop getting some things re-worked for 2009. However I present to you the WORLDS ONLY airbagged, bodydropped (channeled), crewcab, longbed, Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon on 22" wheels. The bed and hood are still in primer, but I wanted it in white primer to match the rest of the truck for now...

My Cruiser... DWN_1_S
My Cruiser... DWN_2_S

I'll be out to the Cruise next year, hopefully even with a new look Wink
WOW!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/Miss_Daisy
DowntimeDesigns

My Cruiser... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Cruiser...   My Cruiser... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Hahaha,

Thanks, thats the response I think I like the most! I get that alot when I'm fueling up at Wawa. If any cruisers ever see me out rolling, shoot me a wave or something.

- Downtime Matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Cruiser... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Cruiser...   My Cruiser... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Cruiser...
Page 1 of 1