Lowes Cruiser Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lowes Cruiser Talk

Local Car Cruise Location in Abingdon MD.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Limiting vehicles at the cruise in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
atlantic image

atlantic image

Limiting vehicles at the cruise in Empty
PostSubject: Limiting vehicles at the cruise in   Limiting vehicles at the cruise in Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:58 am

Ok I have been cruising lowes for a couple of seasons now, I belong to 3 car clubs covering all fords and mopar products...the appeal of the lowes cruise in is the variety of makes and year models of the cars...the number one complaint i hear at every event is that the younger generation cars are not good enough to be considered cruisers!

What a load pf BS this is .. I along with many of the mustang clubbers, the mopar owners and some of the late model Chevy owners do in fact have more time sweat and money invested in our late model cruisers... just because I was born in the 70's and enjoy the unique look of the late 80's cars.. own 3 of them and take great pride in my mods and show kept care as ANY of the pre 76 'ers.. and from what I have seen cruising in More so! So i Bring in my 87 olds custom CRUISER Wagon that by the way is still in perfect condition..with the exception of the 350 motor, 4 barrel carb and American racing wheels as upgrades.. this is one of my cruisers...What happened to the original idea.. "A cruiser is whatever you want it to be"?

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://atlanticimageandapparel.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Limiting vehicles at the cruise in Empty
PostSubject: my responce   Limiting vehicles at the cruise in Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:41 pm

atlantic image wrote:
Ok I have been cruising lowes for a couple of seasons now, I belong to 3 car clubs covering all fords and mopar products...the appeal of the lowes cruise in is the variety of makes and year models of the cars...the number one complaint i hear at every event is that the younger generation cars are not good enough to be considered cruisers!

What a load pf BS this is .. I along with many of the mustang clubbers, the mopar owners and some of the late model Chevy owners do in fact have more time sweat and money invested in our late model cruisers... just because I was born in the 70's and enjoy the unique look of the late 80's cars.. own 3 of them and take great pride in my mods and show kept care as ANY of the pre 76 'ers.. and from what I have seen cruising in More so! So i Bring in my 87 olds custom CRUISER Wagon that by the way is still in perfect condition..with the exception of the 350 motor, 4 barrel carb and American racing wheels as upgrades.. this is one of my cruisers...What happened to the original idea.. "A cruiser is whatever you want it to be"?

my 2 cents
What has happened? As this cruise continues to grow, and possibly out grow, we have to be concerned for the safety of Lowes customers and fellow cruisers. We must control the amount of cars to what the lot can handle. With a full lot of 540 cars (200 more than we have actual spaces) and another 50+ cruising around looking for a spot, this can be problematic.

I never said any one particular type of car or manufacturer does not have an owner willing to invest alot of their hard earned money into them. I still to this day believe in my original statement that if you feel its a cruiser than it is. But when a stock mini van or stock explorer comes on the lot with the family dog in tow, I have to draw the line. Or do you want to park next to them when the family cruiser pulls in and the kids fling the doors open with no reguard for yours or canyone elses car? It comes down to one simple fact. The older cruisers feel they started cruising and everyone else is on their turf. The younger cruiser feels they are slighted because their car is a new car and no one respects their love or investment for their car. Right now the cruise is going to be based off of a first come first serve basis. I will not permit any Tuner cars on the lot after 10:00 pm. They have the tendency to show up after everyone else has left. These are the guys who are more interested in their own type of cars, loitering and make it a point to screw up every cruise spot thats ever been shut down. If they were truly cruisers who respect the variety of alll types of vehicles we have to offer at Lowes, they would be there well before 9:00 pm when we are many.

I realize I cannot make everone happy. But I do hear you, and I also hear everyone else . I just want a cruise where everyone has the understanding that this cruise is gift from Lowes! And if I need to make a decision one way or the other as to year or whatever to preserve the safety and longevity of this cruise than I will. Understand this, I am not alone in this decision making. I run everything past the store manager before I make any decision. He loves HIS cruise and the customers that come with it. He understands what I have to go through to keep the peace and to run a safe cruise.

Thanks for your 2 cents. Happy Cruising........................JBB

Jeffrey B Barnes
Back to top Go down
https://lowescruise.forumotion.com

Limiting vehicles at the cruise in
Page 1 of 1