Lowes Cruiser Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lowes Cruiser Talk

Local Car Cruise Location in Abingdon MD.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Up Date-APG Police/Driving Specialty Tagged Vehicles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rick o

Up Date-APG Police/Driving Specialty Tagged Vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Up Date-APG Police/Driving Specialty Tagged Vehicles   Up Date-APG Police/Driving Specialty Tagged Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:49 am

Ok, everyone here is the scoop straight from the APG police dept., and their police chief.

As long as an event can be verified, such as the Lowes Cruise In every friday night, and/or any other event, they will allow that. Also, you can state that you are driving to, or from a place of repair, and such, but lets not abuse these tags, which most are not.

I think I have established a pretty good relationship with the police chief, and in general the fed. police force that man the front gates at APG.
If you should be confronted, and I think it is only one particular guard that is overly aggressive in confronting people, just let them know this IS NOT YOUR DAILY DRIVER, and to bring up your intentions of either the Lowes Cruise In, or another car activity.

If someone should have any problems on APG with their specialty tagged vehicle please let me know via email, or this website, or you can call my office at APG, and they can get in touch with me via radio.
Email--kb3epj@aol.com
Work Phone---410-278-2889 (Marine Services) ask for Rick Orem, or leave a message.

I think we have eliminated any harsh actions now (hopefully), and we can all enjoy driving our precious toys without harassment. Just be sure you are not abusing the tags though, because there are people out there just waiting to prosecute. Also, worst case scenerio could be that if enough complaints come in from police agencies, the insurance carriers could drop the great discounts we get due to "Limited Mileage", and it would be just like a normally tagged "every day " driven vehicle. Worst case scenario again, and I don't think it is even close to that issue.

Enjoy the rest of the summer, and I am going to try to make the cruise in tonight, but the wife may put a stop to it for chores around the place here in Red Lion, Pa.

Sea ya all.

Rick O.
Back to top Go down

Up Date-APG Police/Driving Specialty Tagged Vehicles
Page 1 of 1