Lowes Cruiser Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lowes Cruiser Talk

Local Car Cruise Location in Abingdon MD.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm just going to vent for a second...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DowntimeDesigns

I'm just going to vent for a second... Empty
PostSubject: I'm just going to vent for a second...   I'm just going to vent for a second... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 am

There have been two times where I have been burned this year by car show promoters and its really starting to piss me off. I'm a graphic designer and do a lot of car show fliers and promotions. I have even done some work for Jeff and the Cruise in the past.

However I worked on a logo for the "1st State Nationals" run by Michael Zulinski. He name dropped a few people and said that most of his money was tied up in the show at the moment, so going on good faith I designed a logo for him. I sent him a low-resolution rough draft and before I knew it I saw MY LOGO on shitty paper fliers being handed out at Lowes. I called him out on it and I have received NOTHING but a runaround from this hineyhole. I boycotted his show along with a ton of my friends who were all planning on going. I heard about it afterwards and you would have never seen me smiling bigger then when I heard it was a complete flop!

NOW I go onto the Cruise page to check the weather for tonight and I see a flyer for an upcoming show at Ripken Stadium... The I-95 Show Off!!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!! I brought them that idea (Name, logo, fliers, EVERYTHING) 2 YEARS AGO! (I did not design this new junk). However they wanted to charge me big money just to rent the parking lot, they wanted nothing to do with it, and now all of a sudden they are doing their own show of the same name?!?!?

Yes. the first one is my fault, I should have gotten a contract or a deposit or something but I had never been fucked over by a car show promoter. The second one I should have gotten a copyright on the name or something.. I dunno. I apologize for the rant... I'm just pissed off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
69 SS 396
Top Posting Cruiser
69 SS 396

I'm just going to vent for a second... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm just going to vent for a second...   I'm just going to vent for a second... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Sorry to hear about this. If ever you want to show a graphic to someone, whether on paper or digital, make sure a big SAMPLE is stamped across your graphic. As far as the car show names, some folks just don't have any imagination and are keeping their eyes and ears open.
Back to top Go down

I'm just going to vent for a second...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lowes Cruiser Talk :: CRUISE NEWS-
Jump to: