Lowes Cruiser Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lowes Cruiser Talk

Local Car Cruise Location in Abingdon MD.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

81' Camaro Fender

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rick o

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: 81'' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Damaged cruiser.

81' Camaro Fender IMG_1339
Back to top Go down
69 SS 396
Top Posting Cruiser
69 SS 396

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: Re: 81' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Woah! Shocked Hope you can get it fixed soon.
Back to top Go down
rick o

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: RETo The Shop:   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:18 am

Rick,
Well today my youngest son is dropping it off at the shop up in Shrewsbury. I saw a Z/28 that they painted, and it was one of the best jobs I have ever seen, and my oldest son was dating the owners daughter for awhile.
Anyway, I thought the paint that was left with the car when I bought it was the correct match, with all the tint, and base codes, ect.. It turned out much too dark, so today they are bringing in someone from PPG with a camara, and computer to match it up.

Off to work soon, and we are running a late program at APG, and I might just stay down there on the boat. For me it is a 48 mile trip each way, and that is why I usually drive a diesel suburban, but look what happened to the price of diesel with the onset of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. I can remember as a boy when diesel was like .16 cents per gallon. Never more.

Hey, thanks for the reply, and as I stated earlier, I don't really know how this happened to the car, just woke up one morning I was off from work, and wah lah, there was this greeting on the fender. I think my oldest son had something to do with it, but not sure. My wife used it for a quick trek up to York for a church meeting at one of her friends house, and that being in a nice residential area. I had her car awaiting front hub bearing kits, and the suburban was full of fire wood. Anyway, she didn't get home until after dark, and knowing Laura, she might not of even noticed it. Her idea of a car is as long as it starts when you turn the key, that is all that is needed. Now my oldest son is another story with his many, many problems, and certain drug addictions. Very sad in how it can devour ones life. He even had a group out looking for him, another long story. Count your blessings if you have "normal" children, with just the normal growing up problems if any. I had to evict him from our house again just recently.

Have a great week, and hopefully the camaro will have a matching fender hanging on its side soon.
Hopefully fine weather will prevail this week, and weekend coming.

Rick
Back to top Go down
rick o

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: Re: 81' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:11 am

Wanted to make it down to the cruise in yesterday, June 12,'09, and for a change, it was not raining!
I have the new fender on the '81, and the paint came out just about perfect. I'll try to include a picture.

Meanwhile, alot of my time has been spent at the house, and our inground pool. Seems I didn't fully winterize it, or my one return line to the deep end of the pool still had alot of water in it, and the antifreeze I pumped into it, never made it into that section of pipe under the patio. Needless to say, I have been cutting up concrete, and trying to find the end of this one split pipe. Looks like now I am going to have to replace the entire section of this said pipe. Wife says forget cars, she wants the pool up, and running. I have my work cut out, since it is a very large inground pool at 40ft. x 20ft. x 10ft. deep.

What they say about pools, ie "they are a hole in (or above) the ground in which you constantly poor money, may be true.

Anyway, I miss greatly the crowd down at Lowe's, and almost made it down last night, but with about an hour, and 15 min drive each way, it would've been after 8pm by the time I got there. You had great weather for a change, and hope there was a great crowd on hand.

See ya all soon.

Rick O.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: feel your pain   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:31 am

Man O Man, when it rains it pours! I feel your pain about the pool issues. I spent over $15,000.00 to get my pool updated and all the lines replaces, concrete coping etc.... We look forward to seeing you back at the cruise.
Back to top Go down
https://lowescruise.forumotion.com
rick o

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: Re: 81' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:53 am

Thanks so much for the sympathy on the pool. I guess I am lucky in that a buddy I work with has a son-in-law that is a master plumber, and is doing most of the work for pennies.
I really wanted to make it down to the cruise in last night (19, June) but was just too wiped to run down. Hope you had a great turnout, and I am sure you did with the sunshine we had.

Up here in Red Lion, the skies are darkening, and they are calling for what???more rain.

Thanks again so much for the sympathy on the pool. I have been told to just drain it, and fill it with dirt. Not. At least not yet. We have a big family reunion coming up next month, and this will be the second one for my wife's side of the family. Last years turned out absolutely fantastic, with all raving, and waiting for this years festivities, so my work is cut out to get this pool up and running.

Keep on cruising, and hopefully warm sunny weather will prevail for us all.

Rick
Back to top Go down
69 SS 396
Top Posting Cruiser
69 SS 396

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: Re: 81' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:30 pm

rick o wrote:

Keep on cruising, and hopefully warm sunny weather will prevail for us all.

Rick

Sooner or later, we'll be bringing boats to the cruise.
Back to top Go down
Red_2004_SVT_Lightning

Red_2004_SVT_Lightning

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: Re: 81' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Ah your car brought back some memories...

Heres my old ride:

81' Camaro Fender 197920Camaro202

You find a fender yet?
Back to top Go down
rick o

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: Re: 81' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:16 am

Wow, great looking 2nd. gen. camaro.

Today, the 26th of June, I took off, and will clean, and wax the '81 camaro.
Will be at The Markets at Shrewsbury, since it is only about 10 minutes or so from my house. Still have concrete cut up, and should finish up on the pool this weekend weather permitting. Last weekend I was washed out again, and had a wedding to go to also.

I do miss the cruise in at Lowes though.

If anyone can make it up to Shrewsbury, come on up. Word of warning though, the cars start coming in as early as 1:30, so by lets say 4:30 you will be parking on the hill. Not bad though anyway, for the food is great, and just watching all the cars roll in is something to behold in itself. I get one of those great Amish sausage sandwiches, and park myself on one of the handcrafted rockers right at the top of the entrance, and watch all the cars coming in.
This is only once a month, and is worth the trip if you want something different. I usually see at least a couple of familiar faces there with each months show.

Regardless of where you go, enjoy the great weather forecasted, and remember we are guests of any establishment, and that luxury can be revoked if certain people abuse what they have laid out for the use of their establishment/property.

Great job at Lowes fella's, you have made it an enjoyable place for all to visit and enjoy. Look forward to my next trek down there from hopefully sunny Red Lion, Pa.
The sheep have just been sheared, the horse has had his mouth/teeth floated, and such, the ferrier did his job, and maybe, just maybe the pool will be getting back in shape very soon.

Anyone cruising on the eastern shore of Md. or Del. say hello to my brother Denny. He is usually at most of the major car shows/cruise ins on the eastern shore with his absolutely perfect Mustang 2 + 2. You can click onto Lower Delaware Mustang Club, and see his coral of Mustangs. He is presently president of that club, and is always promoting cruising, and such, and/or organizing such. Not bad for a "Ford" man, ha. Do love the Ford's also though.

Take care all!'

Rick O.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

81' Camaro Fender Empty
PostSubject: Re: 81' Camaro Fender   81' Camaro Fender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

81' Camaro Fender
Page 1 of 1