Lowes Cruiser Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lowes Cruiser Talk

Local Car Cruise Location in Abingdon MD.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CROWD CONTROL DEBATE

Go down 
+7
showgoat67
xplantdad
69 SS 396
Miss Daisy
300john
elmo3000
Admin
11 posters

WHATS THE ANSWER TO THE CRUISE CROWDS
LIMIT CAR YEARS TO 1985 & UNDER
CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_lcap0%CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
LIMIT CAR YEARS TO 1990 & UNDER
 0% [ 0 ]
LIMIT CAR YEARS TO 2000 & UNDER
CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_lcap10%CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
DO NOT LIMIT CARS
CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_lcap80%CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
LIMIT CARS TO DOMESTIC VEHICLES ONLY
 0% [ 0 ]
OTHER (PLEASE POST YOUR IDEA)
CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_lcap10%CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Empty
PostSubject: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:06 pm

OK FOLKS, WHATS THE ANSWER, OR IS THERE ONE?
AS MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE, SOMEONE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE TRAFFIC, THE NEWER CARS THE SMART CARS ETC......
SO TO BE FAIR I HAVE CREATED THIS DEBATE FORUM.
LETS SEE WHAT THIS GENERATES! BE NICE.....BE CONSTRUCTIVE,,,,BE REALISTIC

REMEMBER...IT REALLY DOSN'T MATTER......BECAUSE WE CAN'T LIMIT CARS ANYWAY!
Back to top Go down
https://lowescruise.forumotion.com
elmo3000

elmo3000

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:50 pm

I agree that the traffic leaving the cruise was pretty heavy. However, remember, just because we cruise and have nice cars doesn't give us the right to have clear highways... if only!! In my opinion, if you are happy to enjoy the evening and show your car, then you should be happy to bite your lip and suck up the wait in the slow traffic.

As for limiting the years, how juvenile. "Mine's older so it's more show worthy??" "Mine's got more bits on it, so it's more show worthy??"

All of us that turn up at this show make an effort on our cars. Mine is a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T... yes that's right 2009, not 1909, and I take pride in getting it clean and trying to do more updates each week/month to show people and cruisers what I have done to it. I have to say, the crowds around my car last Friday was just as good as many of the older show'ers, so why should it be limited. From my opinion and what I can hear from people visiting, is that they are pleased to see such a wide range and age of vehicles.

I think that it is a job well done by the organizers, and agree that a walk around (monitoring) should be done to make sure that people don't park in 2 spaces, sit in spaces etc.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a grumpy youngster (32) but I think that this is one of the best shows I've been to.

There, that is my 2 cents. (Hope I don't offend)
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/elmo3000/Lowes_Cruise_Night/HOME_-_INTRODUCTIO
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:48 pm

elmo3000 wrote:
I agree that the traffic leaving the cruise was pretty heavy. However, remember, just because we cruise and have nice cars doesn't give us the right to have clear highways... if only!! In my opinion, if you are happy to enjoy the evening and show your car, then you should be happy to bite your lip and suck up the wait in the slow traffic.

As for limiting the years, how juvenile. "Mine's older so it's more show worthy??" "Mine's got more bits on it, so it's more show worthy??"

All of us that turn up at this show make an effort on our cars. Mine is a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T... yes that's right 2009, not 1909, and I take pride in getting it clean and trying to do more updates each week/month to show people and cruisers what I have done to it. I have to say, the crowds around my car last Friday was just as good as many of the older show'ers, so why should it be limited. From my opinion and what I can hear from people visiting, is that they are pleased to see such a wide range and age of vehicles.

I think that it is a job well done by the organizers, and agree that a walk around (monitoring) should be done to make sure that people don't park in 2 spaces, sit in spaces etc.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a grumpy youngster (32) but I think that this is one of the best shows I've been to.

There, that is my 2 cents. (Hope I don't offend)

I am with you. If you dont like the way things are, dont come back! If you dont like a particular type of car , dont look at it! It is what it is, and this is not going to change anytime soon. I put out the poll to see what the viewers say. I walked around and pulled afew chairs out of spaces and did have to deal with a little flack, but I explained the rules and the issue was resolved. I appreciate your 2 cents...trhanks
Back to top Go down
elmo3000

elmo3000

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm

No problem, the way I look at it is that the older cars are classics and things of beauty, however, the newer cars are currently modern classics. If we were to not be enthusiastic about the modern era of metal they will not be looked after for generations to come and be no future classics!

Maybe just a quick mention to each car as they come in, no double parking and keep chairs to the back of the cars or out of the way.

PS love the Chevelle.... that is right isn't it? Sorry I'm from the UK and still learning about the US classics.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/elmo3000/Lowes_Cruise_Night/HOME_-_INTRODUCTIO
300john

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:07 am

maybe talking to lowes and try to get the trailers that are parked to park them neater or somewhere else.
that will free up a lot of spaces.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 pm

300john wrote:
maybe talking to lowes and try to get the trailers that are parked to park them neater or somewhere else.
that will free up a lot of spaces.
The semi tractor at the back of the lot is being towed this week . I believe!
The trailers are for pallets and old appliances. i wish something could be done, but space is an issue for them. I'm not sure if there is room on the other side of the store or not. Hey Dave what say you? (Dave Burris aka store manager)
Back to top Go down
Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:10 pm

I think we should limit the years of vehicles in attendance to be from 1903 to the present.. lol
Anyone who can't deal with a bit of traffic should maybe get to the cruise early - mabe leave late - maybe stay home....
I can enjoy looking at and talking about anything on wheels if it is obvious that the owner takes pride in their ride.
There are some "old classics" that look like they have been towed from the junk yard to the cruise, but someone has taken an interest into bringing them back from the dead and they are work-in-progress vehicles.
There are some "new classics" with the different wheels and paint scemes that are true eye candy.
Some folks have deeper pockets than others and can have and drive whatever they want. The folks with stricter budgets still have as much love for cars and are just as proud of what they drive as the deep pocket people.
And there are some people that wouldn't be happy if they had a Rolls Royce and a gold mine!
A personal thanks to you Jeff for your doing the best you can.

Bob Rodahaver
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/Miss_Daisy
69 SS 396
Top Posting Cruiser
69 SS 396

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Jeez, here we go again! Rolling Eyes

I'll start with what I think is the only problem:

Saw quite a few soccer moms and dads idling through the cruise in their family-filled minivans, SUV's and other daily drivers. I'm not sure why those folks feel ~entitled~ to drive through while other folks walk through. It reminds me of the golf cart issue at Carlisle; a small, crowded venue with motor vehicles being driven through the crowd. Sure would be nice if that could be curtailed, but it's certainly not worth yelling at Jeff or Lowes about it. Did they donate $1 to idle through the cruise? lol I appreciate having a place to gather every Friday night.

And lets face it folks, if the lot is full, nothing Jeff can do about it. If the lot is full, the cruise is a success!

This organized cruise is probably the most lenient regarding inviting almost any year, make and model to participate. With that said, if you would rather not see a Smart Car, New Challenger, or a Lincoln, then just walk by it. Don't look at it! Pay no attention to it! Act like it doesn't exist! Don't complain to Jeff, because it's not HIS ride! His attempts to satisfy the cruising masses should be appreciated. A small group of cruising enthusiasts volunteer on a weekly basis to put on and moderate the best local cruise possible. And Lowes graciously offers up their parking lot for us to gather on. If you can't appreciate this for what it is, then maybe you should cruise somewhere else.

I have a classic and a newer car and appreciate that both are welcome at this cruise.

Yes, it's a pain to leave the lot when everyone leaves at 7:30 - 8:00. Why not stay a little later, or leave by the entrance at the other side of the parking lot? There's more than one way in and out of there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Thanks guys   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:10 pm

I appreciate your kind words guys and I kind of knew we would be hearing some hub-ub from somebody....Its too crowded!........I hate this , I hate that.... It really amazes me what some people say to me that I just ingnore, because I know I can't please everyone! But every once in a while I open my mouth and fan the flames of another HOT topic. It wouldn't be the same cruise if we didn't have a few whiners. But hey, I have to remind myself that if they dont like it they can leave...one more spot for someone else who appreciates what we have! I have got to relax and ignore the stupid stuff. Lifes to short. And I feel too old to deal with it. So the new rules are....TOUGH SHIT! you dont like LEAVE....Hows that for politically incorrect? scratch
Back to top Go down
xplantdad

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Okay...Can I throw my two cents in here as well (I hope)?

This is Bruce...the guy who tkaes the pics at Pavillions in Az. among other places Laughing .

Here's what Pavillions does...some I agree with...Some I don't...but it's food for thought.

1) In the main "center" section of the cruise...the cars are limited to 1973 and older. Also, no trucks of any kind are allowed in this area. Neither are motorcycles...

2) In the main section of the cruise...each weekend a whole "row" is reserved for a specific make...i.e. Pontiac (all years are welcome in this row). One weekend it's Pontiac, the next it's Oldsmobile...and so on.

3) There is also a Corvette only row.

4) You are allowed to save places until a specified time (during winter months it's 4pm...during Barrett Jackson time...NO saving spaces)

5)There is a DJ spinning tunes and doing car show announcments (For example... "It's almost 4pm...no more saving spaces"). He also functions as a raffle prize person and other things.He also reminds people to keep their hands off of the cars!

6) There are A frame signs that remind people of the rules that are placed at the entrance to all of the rows. These serve two purposes...one being they let newcomers know what's going on...and secondly, they allow the cruise organizers to essentially block the aisles once the cruise is full. Cruise volunteers man them when the cruisers are leaving.

So what don't I agree with at Pavillions?

1) The "corvette only" row. As if I need to see 20 1982 Corvettes all in the same row Very Happy The only thing this accomplishes is that ALL of the Corvette owners hang ONLY with each other. What fun is that?

2) I don't really like the 1973 and older only area...but it is what it is. After all..all gearheads are cool...no matter What they drive!

The rest of the stuff I think is are great ideas for any cruise!

To counter what I experience at Pavillions...I go to the 83rd ave cruise (3 miles from my house vs 36 miles to Pavillions!)

At 83rd:

1) You can save spaces indefinitely...I HATE this...

2) No music

3) Bad lighting until WAY after dark. Doesn't promote a safe area No

4) No one oversees the cruise that I can tell (no "go to" person). There are CONSTANTLY idiots bunring out at this cruise when leaving...coming or in the lot. Sooner or later....someone will get hurt or killed...and that will be that! People need to grow up a bit!

So...there's my take...even if you didn't want it!

BTW, Rick should have a link up on Saturday morning from the pics I took at the Car/Bike show that I am putting on this Friday night

Bruce
Back to top Go down
showgoat67

showgoat67

PostSubject: crowd control   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:10 am

[b]Well here is my view on this subject.I would like to say thanks to jeff and his wife betsy and others who help with this cruise so we all have a cool place to go and talk and and see some interesting rides.Now everyone cant always be happy and seems like people always have some reason to complain.For those of you who cant follow simple rules so we can have a good cruise then stay home and dont bother coming out.I dont think it is to much to ask of anyone not to walk thru the yellow tape that says DO NOT CROSS.I guess some people cant read or just like to be disrespectful.Also if you can get on the lot then get there earlier to get a spot and if you see someone taking up more then one space ask them to move over and if you see alot of chairs in a space that a car can use ask them to move the chairs for a fellow cruiser to be able to park.This cruise is a privledge not a right and if people keep up this petty crap and whining then we wont have a cruise.I have been cruising alot of years and we always seem to lose our cruise spot due to idiots doing things to get us kicked off.Lowes is letting us use the lot and we repay them by buying gift cards and products.It is a win win for all of us and all we need to do is follow some simple rules.Is this to much to ask?I dont think so.And Jeff takes his time and funds to make this a fun event for us all.I look forward to coming down to lowes and hanging out with friends and such and would hate to lose that right because of morons that cant be civilized and grown up mature adults.I would hope some people read this and take it to heart and do their best to instill this in other cruisers and visitors to the lot to make it a more enjoyable cruise for everyone.No matter what you drive old or new this is for us all and i hope we can continue this for many more cruises to come.See you all at lowes.

Kenny

Last edited by showgoat67 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding info)
Back to top Go down
Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 am

I second the "TOUGH $HIT" motion.. cheers

Admin wrote:
I appreciate your kind words guys and I kind of knew we would be hearing some hub-ub from somebody....Its too crowded!........I hate this , I hate that.... It really amazes me what some people say to me that I just ingnore, because I know I can't please everyone! But every once in a while I open my mouth and fan the flames of another HOT topic. It wouldn't be the same cruise if we didn't have a few whiners. But hey, I have to remind myself that if they dont like it they can leave...one more spot for someone else who appreciates what we have! I have got to relax and ignore the stupid stuff. Lifes to short. And I feel too old to deal with it. So the new rules are....TOUGH SHIT! you dont like LEAVE....Hows that for politically incorrect? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/Miss_Daisy
69 SS 396
Top Posting Cruiser
69 SS 396

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 am

Thanks for your input Bruce! I think it helps folks know what goes on elsewhere!

You are welcome here anytime! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jk56chevy

jk56chevy

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Well Jeff, you asked a question, here is my response.

The issues with people complaining is a sure sign of the success you and your posse have putting on this cruise. It is a wonderful event for all auto enthusiasts. Congrats on a job extremely well done!!! Please do not lose your momentum based on the complaints of a few. Some opinions are just not worthy of your time and effort.

As mentioned in previous posts on this thread, you and your team are providing us with a priviledge and not a right. Those who complain are showing you the ultimate in disrespect. Don't they realize that you don't have to do this??? I admire your restraint and patience. I don't think I could hold back in not telling these people to leave immediately. I applaud the tough shit mentallity.

If everyone would act like logical, respectful, thinking adults, the bitching and moaning would stop, excess chairs filling up spaces would stop, cars taking up 2 spaces would stop, car doors would stay closed, saving spaces would stop, and everyone would have a good time. This is a cruise and not a car show. There is a difference.

Regarding the types of cars, I like them all. Obviously my heart is with the older hot rods, but once one sees the work that goes into the "tuners", you got to have respect for the effort and talent that goes into them. The modern factory hot rods such as vettes, mustangs, challengers, tuners, etc are true examples of what the future holds for the hobby. They have to be respected as part of the cruising community.

Jeff, please keep up the good work.

You probably don't hear it enough, but thanks a whole bunch!

John
Back to top Go down
http://www.picturetrail.com/jk56chevy
Loucous

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks for providing a great outlet for us gear heads.

I, too, find it hard to believe people actually find something to complain about at an event so nice.

It sounds like you have a supply and demand problem on your hands: a higher demand for parking spaces and a low supply of parking spaces. Supply vs Demand. When supply is short and demand is high costs rise. It would seem the only logical solution would be to charge an admission fee and raise or lower it pursuant to your supply/demand issues.

I personally would not want to pay an admission fee, but I would recognize it is the only viable solution to a dilemma such as yours. You may consider alternatives to an actual admission fee like selling a monthly or seasonal pass for a one time fee that would be a lesser amount compared to a one time gate pass etc.

It seems like you have peak periods at the beginning and end of the cruising season. Once school lets out and vacations start and more competing events are taking place in the area you will probably see attendance drop off to an acceptable level.

Good Luck and keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
Red_2004_SVT_Lightning

Red_2004_SVT_Lightning

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Keep doing what you are doing...there's always going to be a few that disagree with how things are run. I gotta say that the cruise has become pretty popular among the community and rightly so. As stated in my other posts before, thank you for the opportunity to attend and educate my kids about muscle cars.
Back to top Go down
DowntimeDesigns

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Jeff keep doing what you're doing man!!!

Like someone said, as long as people are complaining you must be doing good Wink hahaha

I think that it would be appropriate and kind of cool if the person who sponsored that nights dash plaques got to reserve 10-12 spaces (near the front of the lot) if they so chose. A little appreciation for what they are doing etc.

I run an organization "Maryland Minis" for all of the mini-truckers in Maryland and have been looking at sponsoring a night to try to get a handful of some of the nicest trucks MD has to offer in the cruise. I am just thinking that if these guys don't get off work till 5:00, and its an hour drive, by the time they get there, we won't be able to park together.

So I dunno, that was my thought...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:29 pm

DowntimeDesigns wrote:
Jeff keep doing what you're doing man!!!

Like someone said, as long as people are complaining you must be doing good Wink hahaha

I think that it would be appropriate and kind of cool if the person who sponsored that nights dash plaques got to reserve 10-12 spaces (near the front of the lot) if they so chose. A little appreciation for what they are doing etc.

I run an organization "Maryland Minis" for all of the mini-truckers in Maryland and have been looking at sponsoring a night to try to get a handful of some of the nicest trucks MD has to offer in the cruise. I am just thinking that if these guys don't get off work till 5:00, and its an hour drive, by the time they get there, we won't be able to park together.

So I dunno, that was my thought...

All sponsors are given that opportunity, but no one has done anything yet. I have no problem doing that if you are interestred
Back to top Go down
DowntimeDesigns

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:01 pm

I e-mailed you about sponsoring a night if my group would be allowed.

Just let me know, thanks.

- Matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CROWD CONTROL DEBATE   CROWD CONTROL DEBATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CROWD CONTROL DEBATE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lowes Cruiser Talk :: CRUISE NEWS-
Jump to: